Monday, March 24, 2008

The Order

A riveting contest materialises between "Who I am" and "Who I am supposed to be". The later entails from the pressure where i live. Not to confuse between the enormity of the space concerned with my idea of "abode", it is naive to think that my connotations are limited to the confines of my home or street. The multitude around me, with a vice like grip over my independence of thought, has in more than one ways contributed to what I am today. What I was supposed to be, is a different talking point altogether.So, what is it which thrusts itself upon poor souls like us? Is it too big a pressure to yield so nonchalantly. Do I owe something to the fact that I was born independent, and so have to be mindful of the greater force governing the way I tread my path? Is there a harbinger, which immolates itself before my very eyes to help me get out of this morbid slumber?The cues are umpteen and so are my chances. But do I have it in me to make way for this hitherto umbrage?Even if I fail to muster enough skill to find answers to my predicaments, I can rest assured that something within me has the capability to wade through this ordeal.This is the human spirit, which against all odds helps the lamp of hope kindle itself in all its glory.This will help me in deciding the order into which I fit in.The fight is on!

No comments: